For all items inspected by the Building Department, the applicant must provide four sets of plans, application, approved zoning compliance, and a non-refundable deposit of $225.00. Fees are due and payable upon receipt of approved plans or notice during construction.
Part 1 - Plan Examination Fee
Plan examination fee will be assessed according to the following schedule and will cover the cost of plan review by the plan examiner:
|Fee||Township Administration Fee|
|$75.00 / Hour||$100.00|
Part 2 - Permit Fees
New Building, Additions, and Renovations
- Permits for new buildings, additions, and renovations to existing buildings shall be issued to include only the work shown on the approved plans or specifications.
- Fees for the new buildings, additions and/or renovations to existing buildings shall be based on floor or surface area to be computed as follows:
- All floor or surface areas including garage, and basement and floors measured to the outside dimensions at each floor level.
- Crawl spaces and attic areas shall not be included.
- In buildings or areas where there are not walls, the area enclosed by the outside dimensions of the supporting columns shall be included.
- In buildings or area where a roof is supported by a single row of columns, the horizontal projected area of the roof shall be included.
- Square footage fee schedule applies to area of work for addition and renovation projects.
|Type||Base Price||Price for Each 100 Square Foot||Township Administration Fee|
|HVAC / Refrigeration||$250.00||$5.45||$100.00|
|Fire Alarm||$250.00||$5.20 per device||$100.00|
Minor (Minimum) Permit FeeRenovation in area less than 100 s.f. for building or where a limited amount of work is to be performed for.
|Structural||(Less than 100 s.f.)||$200.00|
|Signs||Includes foundation, electrical and final inspection||$150.00|
|Electric||Less than 6 fixtures/devices||$150.00|
|HVAC||Less than 6 fixtures/devices or tying into existing ductwork||$150.00|
Part 3 - Miscellaneous Fees
|Occupancy (Commercial) A requested inspection for the purpose of checking for compliance with;|
or changing the use group or occupancy of an existing commercial building with no work proposed which would otherwise require a building permit
|Annual Inspections Where an inspection is required by the State, the County or the Township||$200.00|
|After-Hours Inspections Per hour and per inspector||$250.00 / Hr.|
|Penalty Fee Assessed when building, electrical, heating or refrigeration work commences without a permit.||Permit fee x 4|
|Re-inspection Per occurrence||$150.00|
|Inspection Card Replacement of card||$50.00|
|Transfer Per permit, per transfer||$200.00|
|Permit Renewal After one – year||$300.00|
|Preliminary Plan Review Per hour||$100.00|
|Temporary Electric Service||$150.00|
|Any and all applicable Sate Fees||TBD|
|Certificate of Occupancy||Final certificate is due and payable with Commercial building permit fee||$75.00|
|60 Day Temporary Certificate of Occupancy||$500.00|